FMS School Counseling Services
The FMS school counseling department believes in nurturing the whole student from supporting our students individually to promoting a rewarding school community and culture. Our school counseling services include the following:
- Academic Guidance and Counseling assists students in academic struggles, understanding class options, planning middle school academic pathways, and the exploration of both high school and post-secondary academic opportunities
- Career Guidance and Counseling assists students to understand and design their High School and Beyond Plans, awareness of early job and career options, and post-secondary opportunities
- Personal/Social Guidance and Counseling assists students to navigate personal issues, conflict resolution, and encourage individual goal setting
- 504 Plan Case Managers. For more information about 504 Plan qualifications, please contact your school counselor, or visit our MLSD website MLSD 504 Plan Information
- Referrals to outside community agencies for immediate and extended needs
We believe in building relationships with students, families, and community stakeholders to foster an environment where middle school students are challenged academically; enriched social-emotional skills and citizenship; and are prepared to make the transition to high school.