Dear Parent or Guardian,
We will be starting our Spring 2019 State Assessments in the upcoming week, the testing schedule is listed below. Our students will complete their testing primarily in their Math and English classes, during the testing time we want to encourage parents to help support their students by:
- Ensuring students receive a good night's rest
- Students have eaten a filling, nutritious breakfast and/or arrive at school in time to eat at school
- Students arrive at school at least 10 minutes prior to the first bell
- Schedule any local appointments for an hour before or after your students testing time (please talk with them about when their Math and ELA class is scheduled).
- Encourage them to take their time and do their very best
***If your student is going to have a pre-planned absence during the testing time please have them talk with Mr. Byers to arrange makeup testing sessions.
- ELA SBAC (tested in English Class): April 30th-May 10th
- Math SBAC (tested in Math Class): May 13th-May 17th
- Science Assessment (only 8th graders, tested in Science Class): May 21st-May 22nd
We are excited for your student to showcase their skill growth during the 2018-19 school year and have attached an informational document on our website with additional SBAC information for parents. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Kittrell, Mrs. Richins and/or Mr. Byers.
Greg Kittrell Sydney Richins Brandon ByersFMS Principal FMS Assistant Principal FMS Assistant Principal