Dear Frontier Parents/Guardians,
Welcome aboard to our new 6th grade Warriors, and welcome back to our upperclassmen! We are looking forward to a great 2018/2019 school year here at FMS. As we approach the beginning of the new school year, we’ve put together a few informational items, as well as some important dates for you to jot down on your calendar. The office is now open, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily, and we are available to meet with you if there are questions. Please contact Mrs. Root at 766-2662 extension 2240, to schedule an appointment with the administration.
Registration is scheduled for Thursday, August 16th, and Friday, August 17th in the Gym. Times are as follows: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. only on Friday. With Frontier Middle School being a 1:1 school (all students will have a district-issued Chromebook) students will be able to pick up their Chromebook and have the ability to pay for the optional insurance at registration. For a complete listing of all the items to be completed at registration please look to page two.
6th Grade Orientation will be held on Tuesday, August 28th, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. All incoming 6th-grade students are encouraged to attend. Students will tour the school, practice opening their lockers, meet staff, and participate in various other fun activities designed to help them feel comfortable coming to middle school. Buses will run for pick up and return of students; to find out what bus your child would ride, and pick up times, please contact the Transportation Dept. @ 766-2676. You are free to transport your student to and from if you prefer.
**As a friendly reminder all students arriving at school by parent drop off, walking, and/or bussing will enter the building by the cafeteria unless your student is arriving after school has started. If your student is entering school late please sign them in through the front office.
Additionally, I feel that email is one of the best ways to have contact with your student’s teachers. Attached you will find all FMS teacher email addresses, and we strongly encourage you to contact your student’s teachers at the start of the school year to ensure that staff can communicate with you via email.
See you soon…enjoy your last few weeks of summer break.
Greg Kittrell – Principal Brandon Byers—Assistant Principal
(509) 766-2662 ext. 2299 (509) 766-2662 ext. 2248
Items of Importance available at Registration
- Pay ASB Fee
- Purchase Yearbooks, Warrior Gear, PE Uniform, - (Debit card, cash, & check accepted)
- Have pictures taken; purchase if choose.
- Put money on your student’s lunch account.
- Make changes to address, phone numbers, email, etc. (We encourage all families to ensure an up to date viable email address is on file for your student, as many communications are sent electronically.
- Pick up student’s schedule
- Sports signups
- FamilyID sign ups - (Mandatory for all students participating in sports in the Moses Lake School District). Our Athletic Director, Scott Carr, will be available to help with sign up. If you are a returning athlete, and you’re familiar with the program, you are welcome to take care of sign up on your home computer, in your own time.
Early dates of importance
- 8/16: Registration – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. & 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- 8/17: Registration – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 8/16 - 17: Distribution of Chromebooks for 1:1 Program (at Registration)
- 8/24: Office closed 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm for training
- 8/28: 6th Grade Orientation – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 8/29: First day of school for ALL grade levels
- 9/3: No School - Labor Day
- 9/11: 6th Grade Parent Night – 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- 9/14: Picture Retakes/Makeups
- 9/28: 1st Progress Reports Sent Home
- 9/28: 18/19 Free & Reduced Forms Due to Food Service (Must be redone each year)
- 10/10: District Wide PSAT - 8th/9th Grade
- 10/12: No School- Teacher Professional Development Day