Hello Frontier Warrior Families,
Welcome to our second semester! As we continue education program options of face-to-face, hybrid, remote and our new program of a ½ day hybrid/remote blend during the response to the pandemic, we are thankful to be working with our students! Our goal is to support our students obtaining the education, tools, and strategies necessary to successfully navigate their upcoming school years and future opportunities.
In this letter you will find information to support you during our second semester.
Important Dates to Remember this Quarter:
- Early Dismissal: Feb 12
- No School: Presidents’ Day, Feb 15
- No School: Spring Break, Apr 5-9
- End of 3rd Quarter: Apr 16
Afterschool Tutoring via Gear Up Beginning Tuesday, February 16, 2021
GEAR UP will be offering on-campus tutoring Monday through Friday from 2:00-4:00 pm in the FMS library.
- 2 pm - 3 pm for hybrid/remote students
- 3 pm - 4 pm for all learning model students
Bus transportation is not available.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please call the GEAR UP office at 509-766-2662, ext. 2274 to register your student.
GoGuardian Parent App:
- Website: GoGuardian Parent App
- Intro video: https://youtu.be/SSFWF8rRBVQ
FMS Morning Announcements via YouTube: FMS Morning Announcements
Gear UP webpage:
- This will be open to all students, boys and girls 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
- Practice will be M-F right after school at 3:00. If we break into multiple sessions there will be a schedule sent out.
- All participants must have a current Sports Physical on file in the front office and Family ID filled out online. Students must also meet academic eligibility requirements in order to participate.
If you have questions contact Ms. Hicks in the front office at 766-2662 or Mr. Lybbert at email@example.com
Attendance Matters and we need your help. Absences may be excused up to 48 hours upon returning to school. Excuse absences and/or prearrange absences may be done in one of the following ways:
- Call the Attendance office @ 509-766-2662 x-2200
- Send a note to the Attendance Office
- Email the Attendance Office secretary, Adrianna Luna, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Weather & Snow Days
School buildings, facilities, and transportation may be closed due to inclement weather or extreme weather conditions (poor air quality, freezing rain, snow, freezing temperatures, wind chills, etc).
In the case of a building closure, school will continue as a Remote Learning “Flex” day. This will alleviate our need for makeup days and canceled school days.
Attendance will be accounted for all students; more instruction will be sent from teachers via Remind or Google Classroom.
BTG & Warrior Time: What is the difference?
BTG Time (advisory): For students on campus, this is our morning advisory time. During this time, students eat breakfast, order their lunch, work on SEL activities that support their social emotional learning, and participate in the morning announcements.
Warrior Time: For students that are Hybrid remote, this is their time to independently work on assignments, contact the counselors or email their teachers (note: on campus teachers are teaching students on campus during these times, so response will be delayed to when they are note in class sessions).
Face Coverings (clarification)
While students, staff, and visitors are on campus, a face covering must be worn properly, though there are a few time frames when students may remove their face covering while in the classroom.
- Breakfast: when finished with their breakfast the face covering needs to be properly worn
- Snack/Water: short moments to take a bite or sip of water, then face covering needs to be returned to proper fitting
- Lunch: Face covering may be removed to eat/drink during lunch time, when finished with lunch and still in the classroom, the covering is to be properly worn
Where can students have a face covering break?
- Outside and 6ft distance from other people
- Usually done during the second half of lunch
- May be done during the periods, for a quick break
Screen Free Lunch Time: Disconnect to Connect
In addition to our cell phone free school zone during the school day, our lunch time will be screen free. The lunch time period, in addition to eating lunch, is time to disconnect from the screen and connect with their peers or have down time (a mental break from electronics).
Visitors on campus, student pick-up during the school day, and student information in Skyward
The link above provides access to the Return to School Procedures document. There is a lot of information within the document that will support you and your student with their return to school for this year.
Visitor on-campus: Any visitor entering the building will need to complete an attestation before entry. Please login to bit.ly/mlsdvisitor or use this QR Code and fill out the quick survey before entering the building.
Skyward Information (review): Any time that you need to pick up a student, please be prepared to show your ID. Students will not be allowed to leave campus with anyone who is not on their family or emergency contact information in Skyward. Review your Skyward Family Access personal information; this information must be updated and accurate during the entire school year. If you need your username and password, just give the office a call at 766-2662.
Find your counselor by the first initial of your last name
Mr. Himple: A-L
Ms. Santos: M-Z
If you have additional questions, comments, or concerns during the school year, please contact our main office at 766-2662 to be directed to the staff member that may best assist you.
Make it a GREAT day; Go Warriors!